Saturday, August 1, 2009

::Saturday Sundries:: No.5

Paper Doll ChainsOh, these are so much fun! I remember my grandma making paper doll chains for my sister and I when we were little. It was so magical when she would unfold them, little people jumping to life! Then we would add details and color them in. I made these for Valerie a few weeks ago. After I'd made the girls ("Valeries"), she asked me to make "Andrews". So I did, then made hearts out of the left over space above the "Andrews' " heads.


Here's how you do it:

Fold paper accordion style. Draw a figure or shape making sure an element, such as hands and/or skirt sides and/or toes, etc. touch both folded edges. Carefully cut them out and open them up!

Let me know if you'd like more of a tutorial with photos showing each step, and I'll be happy to oblige. These make great holiday decorations, too. Imagine the possibilities!

Have you ever made paper doll chains?

1 comment: