Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Ms. dooce


Heather B. Armstrong, the queen bee of mommybloggers (in my humble opinion), wrote a book all about her first pregnancy, the birth of her beautiful daughter, and the aftermath. It Sucked and Then I Cried: How I Had a Baby, a Breakdown, and a Much Needed Margarita.

What I love about the incomparable Ms. dooce is that she tells it like it is. She doesn't hold back. She goes through the full range of emotions many new moms, I think, must experience. I'm sure there is something that every mom who reads her book (or her blog) can relate to. It is not for the faint of heart. She shouts, curses, rants, cries. You know, the things we've all done at one time or another.

This book falls squarely into my category of Mommy Lit. I got my local library to shelve a copy because I had a feeling other moms in my community would like to read it. It will make you laugh and make you cry. It will make you say, YEP. And if you've ever experienced postpartum depression, you might just relate. If I could have read this book straight through without interruption I would have been done in a day. I could not put it down.

And now I check in on her blog daily. I wouldn't want to miss a dose of dooce.

1 comment:

  1. yeah well if you don't follow her tweets well you're missing out on a little bit of ehem crazy lately

    ReplyDelete