Saturday, December 26, 2009

Saturday on DVD: It's A Wonderful Life

Welcome to this winter season's Saturday series, otherwise known as Saturday on DVD.

Every Saturday I'll share with you a movie I've enjoyed, in case you don't know what to do with yourself on a Saturday night.

For Tom and I, every Saturday is "date night". No babysitter, just the two of us hanging out on the couch with no other distractions, unless one of the kids wakes up.

Not that Tom will be watching this movie with me. It's a Wonderful Life isn't really his cup of tea. In fact it's hard to find anyone to watch this movie with me, besides my dad. But I love it. You may call me sappy, you wouldn't be the first. I try to watch it every year, and it always makes me cry, and feel joyful, too.

I'm not going to go into detail describing the film. You will find plenty of that here. It is a Christmas-y movie, but I figure that's OK up until New Year's.

Let me know how you like it.

1 comment:

  1. I regret to say that I'm in the school that thinks "Wonderful Life" is vastly overrated -- if you're interested, I wrote a long piece about Christmas movies on spec for a magazine about four years ago, not accepted, but I did an adaptation into a blog post four years ago:

    http://mattwall.blogspot.com/2005/12/tis-sleazin-of-joy-its-wonderful.html

    That said I heartily approve of anybody's personal Xmas traditions...so much the better to keep the fire alive.

    ReplyDelete