Thursday, May 27, 2010

Done Doily and Other Things

Once, when I worked as a hostess at a restaurant about a bazillion years ago, the owner told me never ask a customer if they were "done", but rather, "finished" with a plate. So it feels totally wrong to say the doily is done. But I just couldn't resist the alliteration.

Here is how it looks on my grandma's table, under my great aunt's lamp, where it will live for a while. I was going to include a story about the inspiration for all my doily adventures--a lovely white pineapple doily made by my grandma's aunt (that's my great great aunt!)--but I'll have to empty out my linen closet to find it. So, that will be for another day.

The Other Things? These posts have been on my mind a lot lately:
Believing at Tongue in Cheek (I have a friend who was recently diagnosed with breast cancer at 40 and sharing this post with her has really reminded me how precious life is.)
what's new and good? at beauty that moves (I have found my new mantra--"You can never go wrong as long as you stay true to yourself.")

We are having the most wonderful downpour of rain here today in my neck of the woods. I was out strolling with Andrew in it this morning. We had such a lovely time, just the two of us, getting soaked! I hope you are enjoying your weather today...

No comments:

Post a Comment