Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Making a List

It's that time of year again. Time to make my to do list of things I'd like to get done in the next twenty-five days. Otherwise known as Christmas Panic.

I make a list every year to help myself feel a little more control over the situation that is a Woefully Untidy House and Not Nearly Enough Time. The actual writing of the list feels pretty good. Crossing things off the list feels even better.

I never have succeeded at crossing every item off the list. Last year, I found the list from the previous year under a pile of sundries on my dresser (which I was clearing off because it was on the list). I found that amusing. Guess what is on the list again this year. Maybe I'll find two lists under the pile. A compilation of sorts.

I am making progress on my other list, however. The gift list. The Fun List. Alas, no handmade presents will be given this year but, oh well. Everything is selected with thoughtful care.

Whatever I accomplish (or not) in the next few weeks, my motto will be "remain calm".

And I'll try not to self-medicate too much with these little yummies.

(Image is Microsoft clip art.)

1 comment:

  1. If those are chocolate dipped oreos then I'm right there with you. I'm in stress mode too right now. :)

    ReplyDelete