Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Seeing Spots

I like red polka dots. So cheery!

But not decorating Andrew's little hands, feet, and mouth (and scattered about the rest of his body, as well) . Poor baby.

Hand, Foot, and Mouth Disease. A fairly common and mild childhood virus. Here just in time for summer.

*UPDATE July 21, 2011* I have noticed a lot of traffic to this post--I think there must be a lot of kids out there getting the virus this summer. About two weeks after I first noticed the spots, they had pretty much cleared up. Then he lost a toenail. And just yesterday I noticed another toenail and two fingernails are about ready to fall off (which is possibly related to the virus, as you can read at the CDC link above). Our pediatrician assures me he will be just fine. PLEASE put in a call to your doctor if you have any concerns about your child's health!

2 comments: