Thursday, November 17, 2011

Super Easy Pumpkin Soup


As you may know, cooking is not one of my favorite pastimes. I think this has a lot to do with the fact that I'm the only one in my family who seems to like the things I cook. So there.

But, we had some pumpkin puree left over from the pie Hubby made on Sunday (we have always used the Fanny Farmer recipe, and lately, Trader Joe's frozen pie crusts, and for the record, before the kids were born, I was the one who made all the pies), and I got it into my head that I would make soup. So I did.

I found this recipe, and modified it. Here's my version:

Super Easy Pumpkin Soup

1 T. butter
1/2 half onion, diced
1 1/2 cups pumpkin puree
3 cups whole milk
sugar, nutmeg, salt, pepper to taste

Cook onions in pan until clear. Add the other ingredients. Stir over medium heat until just boiling. Serve with a dollop of sour cream and french bread.

Was I the only one who liked it, you want to know? Pretty much. The kids ate it as a dip for their bread. Hubby humored me. So, now you know.


Note: Image is Microsoft clipart.

1 comment:

  1. That sounds delicious, even if no one else eats it. I'm going to try it! Thanks! Sarah K.D.

    ReplyDelete