Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Vernal Equinox 2013

The Vernal Equinox is here!  Time for springtime resolutions.  Last year, it was running.  I met my goal of running five miles in one hour last November, so now I am working on being consistent--both on how often I go running and keeping my five miles at or under an hour.

This year, my first resolution is to fully be present for the remaining nineteen days I have to spend just Andrew and I. (Does that make sense?--He is is home T/Th with just me through May, then I'll have both kids all day all summer vacation!!).)  He will start kindergarten next year (he recently turned five!), so this is all I have left. The end of an era for me.  I hope I can survive it!

My second resolution is last year's second resolution, which I never got around to: make art.  Sounds simple enough.  Just make some art--draw and paint.  I guess I will have more time for it, come the next school year.  Better do it while I can, before I have to get a paying job again!

The artwork above--painting by Valerie and spring necklace ("For you, Mama!") by Andrew.

Happy Spring!  I'm going into it singing this song, stuck in my head...

No comments:

Post a Comment