Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Book o' the Month: Cloak of Deception

I told you!  This month's book, Cloak of Deception by James Luceno, is a departure from my usual picks.  But I am a Star Wars fan, so...

Hubby recommended this book to me a couple of years ago when the whole family was on a Star Wars kick.  If you want to know all the behind-the-scenes shenanigans that lead up to Episode I, you'll want to read it, too.  If you are a fan of Qui-Gon Jinn or Obi-Wan Kenobi (or--spoiler alert!--The Emperor/Senator Palpatine/Darth Sidious) you will probably enjoy it.  Reading this book is like watching a Star Wars movie--quick, slick, and action-packed.  Plus you get cool sci-fi words to describe materials (i.e., "transparisteel") and machinery (i.e., "repulsorlift"), etc. in the Star Wars Universe.

Well, that was fun.

Next up, I am re-reading Diana Gabaldon's An Echo in the Bone (book 7 in the Outlander series) in preparation for the June 10th release of book 8, Written in My Own Heart's Blood.  Then, I'll be totally off the grid for a number of days, just so you know!

No comments:

Post a Comment