Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Books o' the Month: The Bronze Horseman Trilogy


Oh my goodness.  Adrienne, over at Some of a Kind (where you should totally go next because today is Turn the Page ... Tuesday and she recommends excellent books!), wrote about this series a little while ago and I thought, "Hey, that sounds like my cuppa tea."


Whoa, Nelly!  It was coffee I was needing after staying up too late at night reading these books!  The Bronze Horseman begins on the day the USSR went to war with Germany in World War II.  The next several hundred pages take you through the Siege of Leningrad.  It is a love story, but one that will make you feel like you've been riding a roller coaster.


And the roller coaster continues to pick up speed in Tatiana and Alexander and just doesn't stop twisting and turning, climbing and falling until the last page of The Summer Garden.  This is an epic, my friends.  I was taken hostage by these intense books.  Just, wow.

1 comment:

  1. These books are epic indeed! They linger with you long after you are done for sure.

    Love your new header!

    ReplyDelete