Friday, November 12, 2021

Almost Halfway

Just a quick update on War and Peace. Still reading it, but almost halfway through. I'm on page 586 of 1350. I very much want to watch the mini series with James Norton and Lily James, so trying to read a bit each day.

I did not have to wear reading glasses when I started this book, but now I do. I got these Lulu Guinness frames at the optometrist's the last time I was there in April of 2019. I didn't *really* need them at the time because my vision was still better than 20/20. But I was noticing something was up and my insurance covered it, so why not. In the image, the color looks pink, but it's really red.

So this quick update turned into a digression on reading glasses. I have an optometrist appointment coming up soon and it will be depressing, I'm sure, but also--new specs! I want retro and green or blue or tortoiseshell. Now that I wear them during my Zoom meetings for work, might as well have a little fun!



No comments:

Post a Comment