Monday, February 12, 2024

Thoughts on The Crown


What? I haven't posted anything in nearly two years? I guess I've been busy. Very, very busy. The hours needed for my job have increased exponentially. In addition, Andrew is busier than ever, and I am his ride--at least for a few more months. Then he'll get his license and I will spend all of my time worrying. Valerie started driving a couple of years ago, at 18. I do worry about her, but I guess I'm used to it now. I'm not sure what to think about that.

So, The Crown. I finished watching it this morning and I have thoughts. 

My dear Grandma wore her hair much like Queen Elizabeth II in her later years, though my Grandma dyed hers blonde until she was in her late 90s. So, I was reminded of her quite often while watching. But it wasn't just the hairdo. My Grandma was just thirteen years older than the queen. She had a lovely home built in 1948 and most of it looked the same when she died in 2017. She loved antiques, often found at second-hand shops, and decorated her home with mostly old furniture. Watching The Crown, stepping back in time, was kind of like visiting my Grandma's house, stepping back in time.

What I'm thinking about today is how looking at the life of Queen Elizabeth is a lot like looking at the life of many matriarchs, like my Grandma. I think in the 21st century, women are just beginning to really be seen.

We are all The Queen, we just wear different crowns.

No comments:

Post a Comment