Saturday, September 19, 2009

::Saturday Sundries:: No. 12

Recipe ~ Sara's 3 O'Clock Mix
I don't really enjoy cooking. I was kind of starting to get interested in it before Valerie was born. But then I had other things to do. I'm mostly a reheat-the-yummy-dish-Tom-made-over-the weekend, or a throw-a-Trader-Joe's-frozen-delight-into-the-oven kind of gal. I have hopes of starting to enjoy cooking again someday, though. I do like to bake, but since I'm not hip on the kids-running-amok-in-the-kitchen kind of chaos, I don't do it very often.

But here's a little recipe--if you can even call it that--for a snack that gets me though the afternoon some days.


Sara's 3 O'Clock Mix
Ingredients:
1 bag Trader Joe's Dry Roasted Unsalted Alm
onds
1 bag Trader Joe's Semi-Sweet Chocolate
Chips
Directions:
Toss together in a bag or storage container
Optional:

Add dried blueberries and/or dried cherries*
(*if you add them both it is called Grand Mix, the name Valerie came up with)

I figure the almonds provide protein and good fat. The chocolate, well it tastes good and might just help keep me sane--from about 3PM until Daddy gets home from work.

P.S. Update--Trader Joe's has discontinued my favorite off-the-shelf cookie. Nuts!


1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you need to come visit me and we'll get you hooked up with some yummy fixins! I don't have time to cook (and wouldn't even if I did have time). Thanks to Dream Dinners I don't have to worry about it!
    Love your blogs, Sara!

    ReplyDelete