Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Turkey Day

This is the turkey Valerie made at school. I'm totally in love with it, especially the toenail polish. It is, of course, going to be the centerpiece of our Thanksgiving table, complete with the special place mat also made by Valerie. I love kindergarten crafts.

This is the first Thanksgiving in my entire life that I will not be spending with my parents, sister, and at least one grandmother. You see, it seems this year I am having a side of swine with my meal, therefore am not traveling for the occasion.

But, I am just thankful that the kids have gotten through their illnesses okay (well, Andrew will still be on antibiotics for an ear infection for 8 more days), and I seem to be over the worst of it, myself. There are so many things I am thankful for, and honestly, good health is right up there at the top of the list.

I sure am going to miss my extended family today as we eat our grocery-store-Thanksgiving-dinner-in-a-box (!). But Valerie and I will set a lovely table together, Andrew will throw various holiday foods across it, Tom and I will drink the better half of a nice bottle of wine, then fall into a nice tryptophan fog for the rest of the evening as the kids run circles around us on the living room floor.

I hope your Thanksgiving Day is equally as wonderful.

And Thank You for reading my blog, by the way!

1 comment:

  1. That is the greatest turkey!! Ohh I can't wait till Erik makes some of those darling crafts! I'm sorry your having piggie pie along with your turkey. Are you up for visitors this weekend at all? I have no money , so no shopping, but I will get bored a couple days into the 4 days off....am up for a road trip!

    ReplyDelete