Thursday, April 29, 2010

Book o' the Month: Chocolat

I had seen the movie, and then got curious about the book. A few pages into Chocolat, by Joanne Harris, and I happened upon this post over at Run Lori Run! Then I knew it was going to be a good read. And it was.

Chocolat, the book, is different than Chocolat, the movie. I would say the movie is loosely based on the book. And honestly, I like them both. Also, it was fun to read the book at the same time of year the story takes place--Lent through Easter. (I just found out there is a sequel of sorts, The Girl With No Shadow. But I'll have to think about whether or not I want to read it since I liked Chocolat so much, know what I mean?)

Isn't the cover of the edition above (checked out from my local library) just delicious? If you have read and enjoyed Chocolat, please feel free to recommend any other books in the same vein. Merci!

2 comments:

  1. Did you ever read The Secret Life Of bees? Or more recently, the Potato Peel Pie Literary Society? I guess I wouldn't say thet are in the same vein but I read them at the same quick pace. I loved the characters and truly didn't want the books to end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the movie....When my stack of books dwindles, I'll give this one a try. Be sure to check out Adrienne's Turn the Page Tuesday tomorrow for book reviews. I can always find something there. She's at someofakind.blogspot.com.

    ReplyDelete