Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Thank You, Girls


My dear girls. You were first called to duty over six and a half years ago. I am sorry the first two weeks of your first assignment involved a hospital-grade pump, but you performed impeccably. I vowed never to use it again after we brought Valerie home. And I didn't.

You put in nearly two and a half very good years, then got a well deserved break before Andrew was born. You were called to duty for the second time within an hour of his birth. We hadn't revisited the procedures at all, but no matter. He was already an expert.

Now, a little over two and a half years later, your service is complete. I thank you from the bottom of my heart. I could not have done it without you. You nursed and nurtured the kids with such reliability, such care.

And I know that (without a bit of assistance) you will never be the same again.

Note: Image courtesy of VintageHolidayCrafts.com.

3 comments:

  1. Love this post Sara, and congrats on this milestone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is GREAT. love it. maybe it's time for me to get back to my blog. as my favorite topic, in truth, was the boobs! ginger is only 15 months old, but it's the right time for us to develop new ways of soothing and bonding and besides, who likes to be stripped in line at the store? or whacked in the head when one says no, or soon! to repeated requests of NUM NUM!!!!

    ReplyDelete