Thursday, February 17, 2011

Watch This! : Bright Star

Bright Star is a film about poet John Keats and his love Fanny Brawne. If you are a fan of director Jane Campion, you will know what you are getting into. It is a romantic period movie, which is the most delicious eye candy for some us!

Some of my favorite scenes were the ones with Fanny sewing. I often imagine, had I lived at that time, with those same circumstances, I would have spent my days sewing, as well. I enjoyed her strong character, and learning about her relationship with Keats. Bright Star is a sweet, if somewhat unfulfilled love story.

Watching this film might just make you want to revisit "Ode on a Grecian Urn". Ever since I first read it in high school, the lines
"Beauty is truth, truth beauty," – that is all
Ye know on earth, and all ye need to know.
have always stayed with me. Keats is another artist who was lost too soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment