Tuesday, May 10, 2011

The Birthday Dress - 2011

Seven Years by Norah Jones.

Spinning, laughing, dancing to
her favorite song
A little girl with nothing wrong
Is all alone

Eyes wide open
Always hoping for the sun
And she'll sing her song to anyone
that comes along

Fragile as a leaf in autumn
Just fallin' to the ground
Without a sound

Crooked little smile on her face
Tells a tale of grace
That's all her own


This song used to make me feel a little sad. But now that Valerie is seven, I get it. It is a beautiful song to me now. It is Valerie.

And this is her birthday dress.

She love, love, loves dragons. When I found the dragon fabric I thought it might be a little scary. Not at all. It was exactly what she had in mind. And she wanted another "vest dress." Complete with the black industrial strength zipper.

I love, love, love that that Valerie is her very own seven-year-old person.

3 comments:

  1. You are handy with a needle and thread! And what a great feeling that it was "exactly" what she had in mind. Happy 7th birthday to your girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a cute birthday dress! Wish my Beanie was still into stuff like that, now she's 11 and she does her own outfits now!

    ReplyDelete