Thursday, August 11, 2011

Second Grade Dress

OK, it's not a dress. It's a tunic and capri pants, plus kerchief. Valerie selected the pattern and the fabrics. And I stayed up 'til 2am Wednesday morning sewing it (thus, my days-late posting). Wednesday was her first day of second grade. Note to self: start earlier next year.

At any rate, it turned out adorable and she looked adorable wearing it! The tradition of first-day-of-school dresses continues...(kindergarten, first grade).

Valerie had a great day, even though the first thing she said to me on the way home was, "I don't want to go to school. I want to stay home with you, Mama." Then she went on to tell me numerous happy good things about her day.

Well, Valerie, my love, I wish you could just stay home with me, too. Forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment