Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Book o' the Month: A Little Princess

I first read this book as a child. So, when I picked it up so many decades later, I wondered if it would still be as magical for me as a grown-up.

A Little Princess by Frances Hodgson Burnett is about wealthy daughter turned orphan, Sara Crewe. For sure, I was first drawn to this book because the protagonist and I share the same first name. I don't know if I would have picked it up otherwise. But I'm so glad I did...as a kid, and as an adult.

I am still so touched by the story of this kind-hearted, imaginative, and strong girl. I am still so inspired by her. I remember why I wanted to be her. And I can't wait for Valerie to read this book. I hope she loves it just as much.

Then, we can watch the 1939 Shirley Temple film together. (Did you see it on the Saturday morning Family Film Festival, too, back in the day?)

(Sorry no posts last week. A nasty virus has run through our household. We are not even all over it yet.)

Please stop by Turn the Page ... Tuesday today!!

4 comments:

  1. I remember reading this book as a child too! Hope everyone is feeling better real soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never heard of this book - sounds so sweet! I might have to pick it up and see what I missed out on when I was a little girl. Hope you all are feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I looooooooved this book too! Haven't read it in almost 30 years though. (Man that was painful to type that) I wanted my daughter to read it too but she never has be interested....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sara, I remember discussing this book with you when we were little! In fact, I think we may have even pretended it out! After reading this, I am going to the store to get it for Bella today! Thank you for reminding me of a true literary treasure!

    ReplyDelete