Friday, April 27, 2012

Running in the Rain

I took a chance yesterday, that the rain wouldn't start till the afternoon.  But it didn't wait.  So I went running in the rain.  Good thing I had my rain jacket, just in case.  I was maybe going to go pay $8 to use the gym instead.  But I didn't really want to spend over an hour in the stinky cardio room with CNN blaring from a dozen TVs and music I've probably never heard thumping with too much bass.

So, running in the rain.  I should say, it's more like jogging.  No, it is jogging.  I say I am now a runner, but really I'm a jogger.  I know this because all the runners are always passing me up on the trail.   Not that I mind.  I totally don't. 

Yesterday, my mind was racing with all the things I needed to get done, which are easier to do while Andrew is in preschool, plus the feeling that all I really wanted to do was park somewhere with a nice view, sip a mocha and read my book (more on the book on Tuesday).  But, when I got to the place with the view, I decided to just take a sip and get out on the trail (same as the place with the view).  I'm so glad I did because after walking for about nine minutes, I started to jog and within a minute I got that euphoric feeling.  That "ten minutes in" feeling.  (I'm sure there is a technical term for it...)  I knew my decision to get out and run was just right.  A smile spread across my face and I almost hugged the German tourists who stopped me to ask how far to a local attraction. 

I don't know.  I'm just liking the running. 

I also really like this song, sung by Raffi (cute little video, I think).  Another thing that is just right on a rainy day.

No comments:

Post a Comment