Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Red Rain Boots

 I have this little book saved from my childhood collection.  I loved this book.  It is about a little boy who has lost one of his rain boots.  The Little Red Boot by Ruth Dixon, illustrated by Dorothy Grider, published in 1962 (before I was born, just FYI!).  Isn't it precious?

 Just look at these illustrations!  And according to the cover it is "Educationally Sound" so it must be good, right?

I bought a pair of red rain boots two years ago and I think somewhere, way back in my brain, I must have been inspired by this book.  We've been getting so little rain, I hardly ever get to wear them, but it is raining today!  (Don't be fooled by the photo which was taken on a sunny day...)

Do you have a pair of rain boots? What color?  Mine are red Crocs. They are so much fun to wear!  And I figure I will probably never have to buy another pair as long as I live...unless I move to a much wetter place.

Do you have an item of clothing, etc. you bought inspired by a memory or experience from your past?

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, I'd forgotten all about that book! I had it when I was a kid as well! Thanks for dredging up that memory for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love vintage illustrations like these! And I need to get me some cute rain boots...I see so many of them out there. :)

    ReplyDelete