Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Extra to Give

The devastating earthquake shook Haiti last Tuesday. Tom had been away on business the first half of the week, so I had been flying solo with the kids. I didn't sit down and take the time to read the story or face the images of death and destruction until Friday. And I wept.

When Tom got home from work, I asked if he would like to give to the relief effort. He replied that on Monday his office would be collecting money for the American Red Cross International Relief Fund, and that his company would match employee donations up to a total of $50,000. Perfect timing. The check has been written, and is on it's way to help.

There is nothing like disaster to shake you up out of your everyday comfortable frame of mind. I am so thankful for all that I have. And I am thankful that I have extra to give.

1 comment:

  1. I have hated watching the news these days because it is absolutely awful to see people suffer like that. I'm glad we had a little extra to give too.

    ReplyDelete