Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Tourist in My Own Town

We have been tourists in our own town these past couple of weeks. Where we live is rich in history and there are many wonderful historical sites to visit. Luckily for me, the kids are still young enough that all it takes is me getting excited about visiting these places, for them to be eager to go, too.

We rented a surrey bike last weekend, which was really fun and also quite a workout. And we have become quite fond of the local free trolley (really a bus disguised as a trolley), having ridden it several times, the whole loop, just for kicks.

We even visited our local art museums, which is an adventure with a two year old. While I gave Valerie a mini lesson in composition, Andrew tested out the fabulous acoustics provided by a cavernous gallery space.

All this hanging out with the tourists has given me the travel bug. But it will be several years before we're all ready to venture much further than Grandma and Grandpa's house, I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment