Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Book o' the Month: Together Alone

Together Alone: The Story of the Finn Brothers, by Jeff Apter, was on my Christmas wish list--thanks, Hubby!

I am a bit of a Neil Finn fan, so I was curious about the lives of the two incredibly talented New Zealand brothers (Tim and Neil). I learned a lot about their careers in music, yet, as must be done with the reading of any biography, I took it all with a grain of salt.

I find that as I get older, biographies appeal to me more and more. I am interested in how people have lived their lives, and interested in relating to "famous" people as just people, like myself.

With a grain of salt, of course.

(I'm joining up with Adrienne's Turn The Page...Tuesday today over at Some of a Kind--check it out!)

5 comments:

  1. I've never heard of them. I'll have to check them out. Thanks for participating!

    ps - I'm like you - I'm getting more into 'real life' stories - usually it makes me feel much better about my life - I'm not as crazy as I thought - ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I saw the photo on the cover, I thought they looked "familiar"... now I remember them from their videos in the 80s. Interesting read, I'm sure.

    Thx, too, for the "grain of salt" lesson... some new info for my pumpkin. :)

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't remember these guys....I never pick up autobiographies or even biographies for some reason. Now my husband can't get enough of them. I like your "grain of salt" philosophy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know The Finn Brothers either. This is a very Scandanavian community so I'm going to have to check them out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting. I am also interested in how other people live there lives, What makes them happy & successful?

    ReplyDelete