Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Painting En Plein Air

Andrew loves to paint. He found some brushes over the weekend and has been asking me to paint every day since, multiple times per day. So we go out on the driveway with the watercolors, etc. and paint en plein air.

It is utterly delightful. He draws a lot of portraits. Big round heads with big round eyes, straight line mouths, arms and legs extending from where the ears and neck would be. And he tells a story with each one as he paints. It doesn't get much better.

I love to paint, too. Twenty years ago, I studied painting at university. I lived and breathed it. Just brushing paint onto a surface stirs something within me.

Valerie is already a confident artist, now Andrew is taking an interest.

I couldn't be happier. Except, of course, if I had my own studio and time (plus energy) to paint every day. For now, passing on my knowledge will have to do. Such is the art of motherhood.

1 comment:

  1. You've always been so artistic, Sara! I am so glad you are sharing your creativity with your children!

    ReplyDelete