Monday, October 24, 2011

Personal Trainer

Meet Andrew, my personal trainer.

I put on my running shoes, load his bike in the back of the car and we head out. Our path takes us about 2.5 miles. Sometimes he lets me walk, but not for long. Soon he calls out, "I want to go fast!" I have to jog to keep up with him. And his solution for when his legs get tired? Go faster!

I figure this is just training for the day he learns to ride without training wheels.



P.S. Remember this post? Well, it's a good (?) thing I never got around to giving away my old pants. I saw my doctor a few weeks ago and he says he wants to get me "optimized." (I'm still trying to figure out just exactly what that means.) I will see him again in three months with improved results on weight and cholesterol levels. I guess it is time to spend some energy taking care of myself. Three pounds down, only twenty or so left to go. My doc told me he likes the Lose It! app for smartphones, so I downloaded it. The app calculates that if I only eat about 1,200 calories a day, I can get to my goal in May. Ha! But that's not including exercise. I told my doc I would walk briskly an hour a day at least three days a week. (That's two days solo, one with my trainer.) I can't wait to fit into the adorable coat I bought! Oh, and it will be great when my cholesterol level is down, too. I'll let you know my progress in January.

5 comments:

  1. Sara, I am proud of you! Exercise must be in the air, since I just wrote a post about that too! I wish we lived closer so I could drag you with me to the gym -- yoga and kickboxing are my favorites! Stay strong, and try to enjoy! Love, Sarah (Google won't let me post this through my account, for some reason!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A personal trainer -- lucky gal. My "personal trainers" now drive cars! Good luck with the cholesterol business. I have been battling somewhat high levels for about a year. Cutting out all fat seems to work well -- but it's hard.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can do it! Sounds like your trainer is hard core ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This cracks me up-- I feel the same way about THAT EXACT COAT! I have the same one but in orange... Just 20 more pounds... :)

    ReplyDelete