Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Kindergarten for Number Two

Today is Andrew's first day of kindergarten.  I am kind of crushed, even though Andrew did great.

Hubby took him to his class while I took Valerie, the big fourth grader, up to hers.  She actually turned and said "bye!" to me after the bell rang, so that was good.

The poem above was given to Hubby by Andrew's teacher.  I knew it would make me cry (we got the same one when Valerie went to kinder), so I didn't read it until later, after I had dropped off the dry cleaning.  Then I cried.  Then I ate the little chocolate bar that was in the bag with the Kleenex and party horn.  Then I went for a run.

It is such a funny feeling to be able to set up my own weekly schedule just for myself.  I am so lucky to be able to take one more year being a "homemaker."  I get to drop my kids off at school, and pick them up.  And the hours in between...Now it's time to catch up on all the unfinished projects from the past nine and a half years, since Valerie was born.  Oh where to start

I'll begin by taking a deep breath, relaxing my shoulders and maybe just sitting here for little while.

1 comment:

  1. I always have lofty plans to clean something on the weekend....and then the weekend goes by so fast because I am so busy hanging out with the kiddo my plans for cleaning all fell through.
    I feel it....and I'm getting sad for next year when I will be that kindergarten mom.

    ReplyDelete