Friday, September 6, 2013

New Paint

Well.  I updated my "About Me" (see right) today.  I am no longer "an artist-on-hold."  I am coming back online, my dears.  Slowly.  My brain has been preparing for this for a while now.  Since I started running, I started having room in my brain for...me.  My room of one's own.  I started pondering and wondering and planning.  Now I am acting.

In June I began a long-term creative project which I am very excited about, but that is all I will say for now.  Three of you know what I am talking about.  Let's keep it on the down low.

And just last Wednesday, I started painting again.  I had not done so in twelve years.  Twelve.  Above is a teaser, unfinished (small part of a larger canvas).  I worked at it for two hours.  Then I thought about it for two days.  Now I have a vision, a plan.

The kids are both in school, so I have some time.  Honestly, it is amazing how quickly my hours are filled up.  But, the reality of going back to work in a year is quite the motivation.  This is my year (actually, I have just nine months now until the school year ends).  I will make the most of it.

And...go!

3 comments:

  1. Lovely! Looking forward to seeing more! Also, envious of me time- one more year until preschool for J.

    ReplyDelete