Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Books o' the Month: The Signature of All Things, The Light Between Oceans

 I read two books recently:  Elizabeth Gilbert's The Signature of All Things, and M.L. Stedman's The Light Between OceansBoth were engrossing and hard to put down.  I really enjoyed Signature's sweeping historical and scientific aspects, but I find I never really connected with the main character.  Light was a real page turner and tugged at my heart strings from beginning to end.  The characters were engaging and I thoroughly enjoyed this book and it's examination of love, loss, honesty, best intentions.

What have you been reading lately?  You'll be suprised by my June book.  Completely out of my normal selection of genres.

In other book news...Diana Gabaldon's next Outlander installment is coming out on June 10th.  I am very excited and have preordered myself a copy!

No comments:

Post a Comment