Sunday, September 13, 2015

Book o' the Month: The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society

When my friend Kim said I should read this book, I did not hesitate.  After all, she is the one who recommended Outlander to me.

The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society is a novel told in letters and telegrams back and forth between characters (it took me back to my high school reading of The Spoon River Anthology).  This is a delightful read, though it does contain some intense WWII details.  It is a perfect book for back-to-school busyness when you are lucky to find a few minutes to read here and there.

I'd highly recommend it.  In fact, I think Adrienne would really like this book.  Stop by her page next, to get more great recommendations!

3 comments:

  1. I did like it! I read it a bit ago and thought it was great. Loved the letter format. So glad you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete