Monday, September 28, 2015

Watch This! : Tess x3

After reading the Thomas Hardy classic, I watched three film versions.  It is always so interesting to see what writers and directors pick and choose when adapting a novel--especially a classic.

First was Tess of the d'Urbervilles from 1998, which had the most handsome Angel Clare played by Oliver Milburn.
(above image from barnesandnoble.com)

Second, I watched Tess from 1979, which despite it's age, did not look dated to me at all.  This version had the slickest Alec d'Urberville played by Leigh Lawson.

Third came Tess of the d'Urbervilles from 2008 with the best portrayal of Tess played by Gemma Arterton.

So, that's what I've been up to, besides taxi-ing my kids around, training for a 10K, running endless errands, and WORKING.  I'm now officially a substitute teacher and have one day under my belt.

Which classic should I read/watch next?  

No comments:

Post a Comment