Tuesday, September 8, 2009

A Little Crochet

I like looking at variegated yarn. I like to crochet with it, too. You never know just what pattern will emerge as you stitch along. Like with the example above, Snooky by TLC Baby, a Red Heart yarn.

I started crocheting this sweater for Andrew last February, thinking he could wear it while the weather was still cold. It is the design from the cover of Adorable Crochet for Babies and Toddlers by Lesley Stanfield.

Needless to say, it is still unfinished. I hurt my wrist pushing the stroller, and had to put down the crochet hook for a while. But I am at it again. Funny to be crocheting a cozy sweater when the weather has suddenly decided to acknowledge that it is summer with 90-100+ degree temperatures! Now I just have to finish up before Andrew outgrows it.

The other thing about variegated yarn is that you just never know if you are going to like how it is going to turn out. I'll keep you posted.

1 comment:

  1. oh the humor of our weather.So true about the liking the verigated pattern you never know til it's done. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete